Pages

Tuesday 9 March 2010

March: The month of biting off more than you can chew

,Just finished an exhausting but very enjoyable art installation in London (photos to follow in a later blog once I get them developed).
Met some old faces and some new ones, and it was great to see them all. Lara Stavrinou's new play Derelict was particularly good, and I look forward to seeing more of it.
I was happy to see lots of friends support me and the event in general, writers Max Deacon and Louise Richardson, historian and general gentleman of taste and distinction Jack Firth, biologist Efthymios Stamos. They're all my buddies, and it meant a lot that they were there at an event I was anxious about. Writing is something i'm comfortable with, locked away in my room away from the judgement of strangers. My artwork is a different matter entirely.

March is proving to be a penniless month. Which means eating beans and scratching away at various side-projects that are looming...

I am hard at work on the final stages of a comic book project for the guys at Accent UK, so more on that once it gets rolling. They are a great new comic book company and really gave me a chance starting out in comics when few others would. For more information about them and my previous work with them, visit www.accentukcomics.com

I have begun to teach myself animation for a documentary with young film-maker Somayeh Jafari...which is exciting because I've never done animation before. More on that in future.

Finally, and most hazy, is the germ of a collaboration with obsenely multi-talented poet and photographer Kate Vanhinsbergh. We've talked briefly about creating a photography and writing (and perhaps even illustration) project, but whether that shall be book, magazine or simply an experiment that will never see the light of day, i am not sure. Kate can be found here http://katevanhinsbergh.blogspot.com/

I also have a horribly precarious pile of books to get through. Gulp.

No comments:

Post a Comment